For Opera Artists and Independent Arts Workers
- Go to the LOGIN section (top of the screen at opera.ca)
- Log in to your account (If you have forgotten your password, use the ‘forgot your password’ feature to create a new password, then hit LOGIN again at the top of the screen)
- Click the “View / Edit Profile” button
- Check / alter your
- Basic Information
- Preferences and Security
- Contact Information
- Check / alter your Additional information
- Artist Type (This is a long scrollable list. If it is missing a key descriptor of your Artist Type, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add to the list of available options)
- Managed by: If you are managed by an agency that is an AOC member, they can be listed here
- Young Artist Program Alumni: If you are an alumnus of an AOC member Young Artist Program, they can be listed here
- Create your listing by clicking on the Add a Listing button. OR
- Edit an existing listing by clicking on the word Edit
Once in the Listings section
- Description: This field can take text, photos, or videos. The ideal set up is as follows:
- Bio: 150-250 words
- Photo OR Embedded Video
- Check your profile information
- Additional Images: Drag and Drop if desired.
- Save your Listing: hit the Save Listing Button
- Save your complete membership details: hit Save at the bottom of this whole section.
How to Embed Video
You can embed video in this section as follows:
- Keep your AOC Profile Builder tab open
- Open a new browser tab, and pull up your video on Youtube or Vimeo
- Look just below the video, and click on the Share arrow
- Look for the <embed> button, and click it
- look for the word COPY in the Right Bottom corner, and click it
- Return to your AOC Profile Builder tab, and return to the Listings / Description section.
- Note the Grey Frame around the Description section
- Click the very small html button in the far Bottom Left corner of the grey Description frame
- Paste your Youtube <embed> code into the Description area
- Click the same html button again.
- Your video should now be plainly visible.