AOC welcomes new and returning members to our Board of Directors
AOC’s Annual General Meeting was held Tuesday November 23, 2021, and saw the election of a new and renewed slate of directors.
Heather Kitchen : A native of Toronto, Heather Kitchen is an arts administrator and teacher with more than 45 years of professional experience. Joining Calgary Opera in January 2019, she serves as General Director and CEO. Heather teaches in the MFA and Graduate Certificate Program in Arts Leadership and Cultural Management at the University of Connecticut.
Alexandra Skoczylas: Opera Atelier’s Executive Director since 2015, Alexandra Skoczylas is a strategic arts sector leader with general management experience grounded in two decades building audience-focused marketing, communications, and audience development programs.
Aria Umezawa: With her quirky, irreverent style, Aria Umezawa’s work evokes wonder and challenges the long-established traditions of opera and classical music. She was the first stage director to be awarded an Adler Fellowship with San Francisco Opera in fifteen years. Upcoming engagements include two productions of Madama Butterfly with the Canadian Opera Company and Hawaii Opera Theater, and Acis and Galatea with Philharmonia Baroque at Tanglewood and Caramoor. Aria is a Co-Founder of Amplified Opera.
AOC Welcomes Back:
- Michael Hidetoshi Mori, General Director, Tapestry Opera, 8th year
- Ian Rye, CEO, Pacific Opera Victoria, 6th year
- Patrick Hansen, Associate Prof, Director of Opera Studies, McGill University 6th year
- Dean Burry, Assistant Professor and Theory/Composition Co-Coordinator, Queens University, 6th year
- Marion Newman, Mezzo Soprano and Independent Artist, 4th year
- Chantal Lambert, Directrice de l’ Atelier lyrique de l’Opéra de Montréal, 4th year
- Amy Mushinski, Director, Public Affairs & Community Partnerships,The Canadian Opera Company, 3rd year
- Bruce Munro Wright, Vancouver, BC, 3rd year
- Jennifer Szeto, Co-founder, Musique 3 Femmes, 2nd year