The Creative Export Strategy has been renewed until 2026!
The Strategy helps Canadian creative industries maximize their export potential and stand out in the global market.
The Strategy’s programs and services could help you expand your sales into international markets if you own or lead a Canadian for-profit company or a not-for-profit organization operating in the following sectors: audiovisual; artistic craft; music; performing arts; visual arts; publishing; design; and interactive media.
1. Apply for funding ($$$) through the Creative Export Canada Program
The program is now divided into two streams:
- The Export-Ready Stream provides funding for export-ready projects that forecast generating export revenues and help Canadian creative industries reach more people around the world. Eligible projects can receive up to $2.5M in funding. The application deadline for submitting a funding application for the Export-Ready Stream is April 26, 2023, for projects with expenses starting between April 1, 2023, and March 31, 2024. Learn more and apply today!
- The Export Development Stream provides funding for new and early-stage exporters to build capacity and expand into international markets, and for seasoned exporters to expand into new markets and build business networks. Eligible projects can receive up to $90,000 in funding per fiscal year. The application period for the Export Development Stream will launch in upcoming months. For updates and application periods, visit the Creative Export Canada Program’s webpage or contact email@example.com to be added to the program’s distribution list.
A percentage of the program’s funding is dedicated to Indigenous peoples and members of equity-deserving communities.
2. Meet potential partners and explore trade opportunities around the globe during trade missions and events
Canadian Heritage leads creative industries trade missions in key international markets, which includes market intelligence sessions, networking opportunities with the local business community, and tailored business-to-business meetings. The Department also strengthens business programming for Canadian delegates at sector specific international creative industry events. Stay informed of upcoming trade missions and other sector specific opportunities by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the distribution list.
3. Get support from the Creative Export Advisory Service
Advisors can support you through:
- Export advice and guidance for new and early-stage exporters
- Assistance navigating government programs and services with an export focus; and
- Market research on key international trade destinations
More details on how you can connect with an advisor will follow in coming months.